Responsibilities of the School
The school will:
- Ensure your child’s physical and social well being at all times, and to foster feelings of confidence, self-worth and belonging.
- Make sure that all children and families are treated with respect and sensitivity.
- Deliver a carefully planned curriculum, which reflects the educational programme set by the Cypriot and Greek Ministries of Education.
- Establish consistent approaches for addressing behaviour issues when appropriate and ensure that parents and children are aware/familiar with these.
- Ensure that parents are informed about the work planned for each term/academic year.
- Ensure that homework tasks are given regularly and that these tasks are checked and marked by the teacher.
- Keep the parents/carers informed of children’s progress and contact them if there are concerns about the child’s work or behaviour.
- To actively welcome parents/carers into the life of the school and to ensure that teachers are available, by mutual arrangement, to discuss any concerns parents might have about their children.
- Ensure that parents are informed about all school activities/events and meetings.
Responsibilities of the Parents/Carers
The parent/carer will:
- Ensure that my child attends school regularly and on time, and that if my child is absent, to provide the school with a note of explanation.
- Ensure that my child is collected promptly at the end of the school day. If alternative arrangements need to be made, I will notify the school in writing, in advance.
- To work with the school to try and make sure that my child behaves well.
- To support my child in his/her homework and make every effort to support my child’s learning at home. This includes encouraging and supporting my child to fully participate in school celebrations.
- To attend school events and meetings when possible.
- To ensure that my child has all the appropriate equipment for school.
Responsibilities of the Pupil
The pupil will:
- To attend school regularly and on time.
- To make sure that I take to school everything I need, such as books, stationery.
- To complete my homework tasks to the best of my ability
- Work hard and listen carefully to instructions.
- Be polite and helpful to other children and adults (teachers, volunteers and committee members).
- Take good care of the school environment.
This policy is based on the Home School Agreement provided by KEA.
Last reviewed: June 2021 – Next review: August 2023